21 August 2005

Redneck Road Trip!

I'm on my week-long break between semesters at school, so it's time for a trip!
I will be leaving this evening to drive up to Virginia to visit Tim and Brenda, my brother and sister-in-law.
I'm excited because I've only done one other big, long road trip since before I became a flight attendant 5 years ago.
I used to love getting in my car and driving hundreds of miles, just me and my music.
This will be the first time I take a road trip with my portable DVD player, so if I get tired of singing for 11 hours, I can pop in a movie, or some of my Simpsons or Will & Grace DVDs.
Yay!
Steven had to work today, so I will be driving 650 miles by myself, overnight, picking him up in Greensboro, NC at 0930 hrs tomorrow morning, and then continuing the last 100 miles to Roanoke, VA.
It's been a while since I've been to Roanoke, Star City of the South, since my brother and sister-in-law just moved back there after a 5-year stint in Deliverance Country: Front Royal, VA.
"I like da way you talk, boy. You got a purrty mouth."
Roanoke is a beautiful city in the mountains, and there's actually quite a bit to do there, even though it's in the middle of nowhere.
I will definitely be posting photos from the trip when we get back.

Other big news:
I got my nose pierced!
Yay!
I actually did it last Tuesday, but I wanted to surprise Steven with it, so I didn't want to blog about it until he had a chance to see it.
I've been wanting to do it forever, but none of the jobs I had would allow me to do it.
So now is the perfect time since I'm not currently working.
It's a little stud in my right nostril, and I think it's wicked cute.
No pain, very cheap, easy to take care of, I recommend it to anyone.
I'll post a picture of it when I get back from my trip.
Okay, lady, I love you, buh-bye!

2 comments:

David Almeida said...

Gee, knowing that psychopathic driver Toddie is on the road at 3:00am with a DVD PLAYER to act as an additional distraction...

well, that just makes me sleep the sleep of angels.

Larrymarty said...

Have a wonderful trip...and congrats on the nose jewlery. Cool!!!