07 August 2005

As Promised, In Platinum

Well, this was my first "I hate blogger" experience. I typed this whole post out, and when I went to post it, it totally disappeared. Grrrrr. Now I have to do it again.

Anyway, here's the picture of me sitting on "danger."
If you don't know what I'm talking about, read my last post.
That's me on the left.
I was obsessed with that hat as a toddler.
I guess, circa 1980, I really wanted to be a cowboy.
I'm not sure what's up with those pants, but they must have been cool since I was such a trendy kid. Mom always made sure I kept up with the Joneses, until high school when it really mattered, then I was just a big dork in a striped polo.

Writing the same thing twice makes me feel all derivative and retarded, so I've changed it a little bit, not like anyone else will ever see what I wrote the first time.

Now, for anyone who may have doubted my natural hair color, here I am in all my tow-headed glory.
I've hated being blond since about 1998, so since then my hair has always been dyed either black or red, or just completely shaved off.
Which means, of course, that my natural hair hasn't seen the light of day in about 7 years, so now, and for the next month or two, I'm going to be growing out my real hair.
At this point, it's quite a bit darker than normal, but I'm confident that once I get some sun on it, it will lighten significantly.

I thought I would throw this last picture in for good measure, and because I thought it was kinda cute:

It's also pretty indicative of the way I behaved when I was that age. I was always trying to be a "little adult." I always wanted to talk to the grown-ups and hang out with the aunts and uncles at the family functions. I would always get upset when I had to sit at the kids' table at Thanksgiving.

Sudden-Random-Unfinished-Ending Alert:

In 3...

2...

1...

NOW!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

This last picture cracks me up. It's like someone with Photoshop and too much spare time just shrunk your head and placed it on a toddler's body. You have barely changed in however many years since this picture. Some of us look NOTHING like our baby photos, and then there's this guy...I love it!!