01 August 2005

Curses! Foiled Again! ...Or, Even More Food Stories

Well, as is the trend, David once again beat me to the blog. So instead I'll just put my own twist on the same story.

The Scene:
Saturday evening: dining with Steven, David, Miller, Alyson & Travis (or Travyson as I have decided to call them), Jeffrey Lurie, and Jeffy at Third Place in sunny Eustis (could it have rained harder? Maybe, if there was a hurricane coming through, but that'll be next month.) before going to see Jeffy in Blood Brothers.
It was nice to finally meet Travyson after so much mutual blogging.
And hey, is it 5:45 already? Thanks for showing up...we're HUNGRY!
Just kidding.
Sort of.
But we gorged on bread, so it's all good.
Steven and I shared a fruit bowl and a house salad.
Poverty is not fun, but sometimes it's delicious!
(That was a very Wonder Showzen thing to say...)
So then Jeffy gets his food. I think it was just a salad with chicken breast junk on top, but whatever, not important. Well, the chicken is important to the story, but not what it came on.
Anyway, so before Jeffy even picks up his fork, Steven stabs some chicken tit, and says something to the effect of: "You don't mind if I have that, do you?" Meanwhile, the chicken is already on a one-way, nonstop trip to his mouth.
Once we got over the initial shock, we all started laughing.
Jeffy didn't care. He was just surprised that Steven had enough of a comfort-level with him to actually do it, since they've only met I think 2 or 3 times before that.
I thought it was funny because, while it was totally out-of-character for him, it was just such a ME-thing to do.
Obviously not with chicken, but just in general. I can often be found snatching food off of people's plates without asking them.
The only way to stop me from doing that is to either eat faster than me, or rub your meat all over the food that might be appealing to me. Then I won't want it. Licking the food won't work, if you are a very close friend. That won't stop me. Unless you have hepatitis.

So I don't know when or why my blog became all about food.
It's pretty ironic, if you ask me, considering how long I spent trying to come up with ways to avoid eating food, nevermind actually talking about it.
Next thing you know I'll actually be cooking.

woo! That was funny. I needed a little break after that last comment.

New Food Topic of The Day:
sherry shallot salad dressing
-The waitress in Eustis said it was a red-wine-based Italian vinaigrette.

Based on that description, I would expect it to be red, wouldn't you?
Red wine is usually red.
Some sherries are "white" I'm told, but if someone says it's a red wine vinaigrette, I expect to see red.
That word sounds funny if you say it a lot. Red. Red red red red red red red redredredredred.
Redrum.
It tasted good enough, but it was white/clearish.
Maybe it had the tiniest bit of a pinkish hue, but that's still not red.
Am I wrong?
Does anyone know about sherry shallot dressing?
Should it be red?
Inquiring minds want to know!

5 comments:

Alyson said...

Horrifically late, I know! I just want to state, for the record, that I so hate being late and would have called, but I did not have one single phone number. Well, I had Jeff's, but I didn't realize he would be at dinner. That was a nice surprise. But yeah, I really would have called David and said "Hey, you guys, order because we're tards and we're going to be super-ultra late." Sorry!!!

tm said...

it's all good...I was just fuckin' with ya

David Almeida said...

I just blogged earlier about my inability to resist my sweet tooth these days. One nice thing is that if I just want a little bit of something, I know I have Todd at home who will finish the whole thing off. If I want 1 oreo, I can buy a bag, have 1, and then he will polish off the rest of it.

In one sitting.

Often in one mouthful.

That's a good thing!

tm said...

David: Funny 'cuz it's true!

Marcie: I'm hoping you'll resurrect, so then I can plug you back in to your rightful spot! :-)

tm said...

"evil cymbal monkey" isn't bad, and I like "Dickensian Hobo" too, and if it offends someone, that makes it even better, right?