26 July 2005

Part Zwei: 3-3-8

Last time, on the TM Show, we left you wondering about the terribly exciting story that was getting ready to unfold. Here it is:

Picture it: Sea World, 2 days ago.
Two homosexuals are sitting on highly uncomfortable metal benches.
Could they not have designed something a little more accommodating?
Something with a back, maybe?
Do the hundreds of dollars that we spend in annual passes not afford us someplace reasonable to sit?
It's like bloody torture for someone with a bad back.
Don't they know that I have been injured in various and sundry automobile accidents?
All I want is to watch some dolphin personification without having to feel like my spine is trying to separate from the rest of my body.
That's not the funny part.
This is:
While waiting for Blue Horizons to start, completely randomly out of the blue Steven looks at me and goes, "1-4-3."
It took me just a few seconds to figure out what the fuck he was talking about. You see, I never owned a beeper, since I'm not a drug dealer, so I never had to relay entire messages in just a couple of digits. For those who might not know, 1-4-3 is beeper code for "I love you." If all you're doing is substituting the digit for the number of letters in the word, 1-4-3 could mean 100 different things:
I hate ham.
I like jam.
A blue car.
A dead yak.
And so on...anything, really, if you set your mind to it.
But the drug lords who proliferated the beeper trade way back in the 1990s decided that 1-4-3 means "I love you."
Awww...how sweet!
So, I looked back at Steven and said, "3-3-8."
Now, because he gets me, it only took him a few seconds to figure out what I meant by 3-3-8.
He asks all meekly, "You are retarded?"
Which is, of course, exactly what I meant.
That's true love, folks, plain and simple.
So, after a good laugh I said, "I love you too, baby."
And we all lived happily ever after.
Fin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute...I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Matty-pants

David Almeida said...

Having a "moment" when your partner calls you retarded for saying you love them...

Now that's love.

ChrissyLou said...

ROFL.. that is too funny..
And we (On the Western Front of the country) would type all these numbers for I Love you..

17-31707-1


Now THAT is retarded....