21 July 2005

If You Title Your Title Untitled, Is It Still Untitled?

I like how I've gotten people to argue over whether or not radishes are spicy.
It was a story.
Completely declarative, not interrogative.
Non-fiction.
Comedy? Hopefully? I was just trying to entertain.
I promise that what I felt was real, not a figment of my imagination.
Maybe slightly exaggerated for effect.
As Miller so smartly pointed out this evening:
Guess what wasabi is made from?
(I won't bother answering that question...)
Guess what horseradish is related to?
(...it's not horses!)
But hey, I guess if I had made that connection myself, I wouldn't have eaten the radish.
Nor would I have had heartburn that lasted throughout the evening.
But then I wouldn't have had a funny story to tell, either, so it's all good.
I'll take the pain if it serves to entertain others.
I'm a martyr like that.

I went with David and Miller to see Wedding Crashers at the new Premiere 14 at Fashion Square Mall.
Not bad.
I laughed.
That's all you can ask from a comedy, right?
The new theater is okay.
A theater is a theater is a theater, I guess.
As long as it has stadium seating.
I'm still partial to AMC, though.
I like my MovieWatcher rewards. I just crossed the 800-points mark. Since you only get 2 points per ticket, maximum of 4 points per day, that's a pretty remarkable feat.
Either that, or I'm a big loser with nothing better do.
Hey, I just like going to the movies, is that so wrong?

So, bring on the hurricanes.
If you haven't been paying attention to the weather, Tropical Storm Franklin just formed over the Bahamas and is heading our way right now. Current forecast models project it turning before it hits the coast, but like Jeanne did last year, there's a distinct possibility that it could loop around and come right at us. Keep your eyes out. (Not literally, that would be disturbing, but a wicked cool party trick!) I'm not a fatalist, or a pessimist, but in my educated opinion I don't think we're going to make it through hurricane season without getting hit at least once this year. We'll see. But if you want to bet against me, I'll be happy to take your money, and keep it.

Now I'm off to bed to continue reading the new Harry Potter book, like the rest of the free world.
Not that the rest of the free world is in bed with me, that would get a little bit crowded, but I'm sure I'm only one of millions who are currently reading the book.
And everyone else has finished reading it already.
And why does it have to be the free world?
Like the rest of the world costs money, and it doesn't here?
I wish I lived in the free world, or at least the considerably-less-expensive world.
I can't afford this one.

1 comment:

ChrissyLou said...

Color me blonde and roll my eyes at myself...i totally missed the horseradish connection. Truth be known I dont normally eat horseradish and I associate it with mustard (blech) and Arbys...which I also dont eat.. hahaha. Thank you for spreading the knowledge!!!

So, Im a dork.
They still burn like acid!