02 July 2005

3 Many Quizzes, 3 Little Time?

David's Quiz:

Today marks the last day of June and 2005 is officially half over tonight. (or two days ago...I'm trying to catch up...)

1. Has 2005 been better or worse than you expected?
Overall, I'd say it's been a little worse than I expected. In general I'm happy, but more little bumps have been popping up in the road of my life than I thought would.

2. What happened in 2005 that you didn't expect?
I bought a truck (after my life's quest of owning the smallest vehicles possible). It got wrecked (from now on, I WILL expect that whenever I buy a new vehicle). Also took a couple of great trips. I quit flying.

3. What didn't happen in 2005 that you expected to?
I'm farther behind in school than I thought I would be.

4. Did you have goals for 2005? Are you halfway to them yet?
My two main goals for 2005 were to graduate by the end of the year, and to get my six-pack back. I'm not halfway to either, yet.

5. Name three Happies for the year so far.
- going to Panama with Steven (best vacation I ever had...who knew Central America would be so awesome?)
- going to Reno with Steven (got to see The Ten Tenors; Pyramid Lake; the Black Rock Desert; downtown Reno; Virginia City; Carson City; Lake Tahoe; Truckee, CA; and Donner Pass all in two days...rock!)
- bought my truck

6. Name three Icky-Pukeys for the year so far.
- My truck got wrecked 6 weeks after I bought it, and it took almost 6 weeks for me to get it back.
- I'm about 40 wpm behind in school where I thought I would be at this point.
- Being unemployed, sort of; or being employed in two places, but not collecting a paycheck.

7. Since New Year's, are you happier or sadder?
As I said before, I'm pretty happy overall. Nothing that's happened since New Year's has affected my apparent beatitude.

8. Since New Year's, are you thinner or fatter?
Since New Year's, I've maintained my current fatness, or maybe I've lost a couple of insignificant pounds.

9. Since New Year's, are you richer or poorer?
WAY poorer...blech

10. Since New Year's, are you more content or less content with your career?
Ca...reer? What's that?

11. What do you hope to see happen in your life in the next six months?
My short-term goals are the same that I haven't accomplished yet. Get the hell out of school, and get my six-pack back.

12. What do you hope to see happen in the world in the next six months?
I hope to see world peace, an end to global hunger, and a 20%-off sale at Barnes & Noble.

(Sorry, this next question was a later add-on, and some of you didn't get it. You're so speedy!)
13. Have any major lessons-learned, catharses, or Aha!-Moments happened to you this year?
Only when I realized that the mummy wasn't a REAL mummy, but just mean old Mr. Watson in disguise. You see, when he was fired as the curator for the museum, he created the mummy disguise to scare off all the patrons at the grand opening gala of the Egyptian exhibit, where he could steal the priceless relics and put the museum out of business. And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for us meddling kids!

No comments: