27 July 2005

More New Foods

Thank you for the small starch tubes combined with artificial lactate extract of hooved mammals.
There are so many foods that people take for granted.
Common, everyday, basic staples of the American diet.
Things that normal people eat on a regular basis all the time.
Things that I have either never had, or did not even try once until I reached adulthood.
Things that I have previously mentioned; i.e., radishes, pickles, and eggs.
Things like macaroni and cheese.
I don't remember the exact date, so I can't quite pin down my age the first time I had the elusive mac & cheese, but I do know for a fact that it was within the last 5 years, so that would have made me no younger than 22.
For real.
I always have excuses and reasons for everything.
You might be thinking, "Wait...he's a vegetarian who loves pasta and dairy, wouldn't mac & cheese be, like, his favorite thing ever?"
You might be thinking that.
But you'd be wrong.
You see, you are already aware of my inability to eat spicy foods, but I also have a distinct dislike for foods that are physically hot.
I am the guy that you will see putting ice cubes on a slice of pizza.
Or taking that fresh grilled cheese sandwich off of the stove and sticking it in the freezer for 5 minutes.
You don't need to tell me that I'm weird, because I know that already.
I love Fazoli's for the same reason that most people hate it, because their food has been sitting around for a while and is usually in some state of tepid lukewarmness.
That = yummy to me.
Melty cheese was never appealing to me, other than on a grilled cheese sandwich, and even then I prefer it to be cold.
I still have never eaten nachos with cheese, nor am I interested in eating such.
I'll just take the nachos plain, thanks very much.
Now maybe my aversion to the mac & cheese makes a little more sense.
I did, however, thoroughly enjoy it when I ate it tonight, but I did let it sit for a while to cool off before I dove in, and I can still count in single digits the number of times that I have eaten one of the most common dishes known to American-mankind.

1 comment:

David Almeida said...

The fact that you always put mac & cheese in orange type actually made your post just a little bit yummy.

Now I want some.

Guess I'll just have to lick the screen.

Bastard.