13 July 2005

Further Proof

I choose to blame my absent-mindedness on having been a flight attendant for 5 years, not my Rose Nylund-ness.

They've done some sort of scientific study that proves that frequent travel across multiple time zones screws with your short-term memory, which I have mentioned in a previous post.

It is really frustrating when I have some sort of clever little anecdote to share with you, the blogging public, but throughout the course of the day I forget it. All I want to do is entertain, and I can't remember what I was trying to say. Maybe it's all that blunt trauma to my head...

What in the hell are people thinking? I often wonder this. If you are in a room full of about 30 or 40 people, and everyone is facing your direction, you must be aware that people are going to be looking at you, whether you are the focus of attention or not. That being said, when you proceed to wipe your nose with the sleeve of your T-shirt, do you consider that to be acceptable behavior? When you then continue by actually picking your nose with the same sleeve of your T-shirt, do you not care that people can see you doing this, and are actually gagging at the sight? I can't imagine that an adult human being functioning in regular society doesn't have enough sense to realize that they are doing something that is seriously disturbing other people who really have nowhere else to turn their eyes, not to mention the "train-wreck effect" that prevents people from turning away from something so horrifying because they are so shocked that they must continue to watch to ensure that what they are seeing is actually happening.

It's actually not the story that I wanted to share this evening, but it works. It is, however, a true story that happened in my presence this morning. The solution is simple. Just have enough class to excuse yourself to the restroom, or the nearest handy box of tissues, and blow your freakin' nose.

Is that too much to ask?

3 comments:

ChrissyLou said...

{turns to corner... pics nose and discreetly wipes it on pants before turning back to the crowd....}

{and starts shaking hands}

tm said...

that's yucky

ChrissyLou said...

Hey.. I totally turned away.. no one saw!!! ROFL! :)