16 June 2005

Why Should Everything Be Titled? I Can't Take The Pressure...

I'm not sure that I actually have much to say tonight. I am super-ASS tired, and since all I do is type all day long at school, I'm not really in the mood for typing tonight, but for fear of being downgraded into the "Bloggers Who Don't Blog" column, maybe it's time I start doing the surveys:

1) What's the most vicious thing you've ever said to someone?
Holy crap. I'm really good at repressing bad memories. I wasn't always the sweet and innocent Toddington that most of you know. Suffice it to say that I have done and said some pretty awful things in the past, but in the spirit of my current sunny disposition, I'll refrain from reliving those days here.

2) You HAVE to get a tattoo on your face. What will it be?
That's a tough one. I'm a big fan of tattoos that are meaningful, but I couldn't see putting one on my face. I would probably have to go with some sort of tribal design around my eye, not unlike what Mike Tyson has. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I just agreed with even one thing that Mike Tyson has ever done...I need a moment...

Okay. I'm better now:
3) Utopia or Dystopia?
Utopia. No question. I agree with David: I’m a perfectionist at heart.

4) What's your favorite Myth? (Ancient or Modern, your choice)
Favorite Modern Myth: God. It amazes me that a STORY that was written over 2000 years ago in an ancient language that has yet to be correctly translated and updated to coincide with modern times can LITERALLY be taken for gospel by so many people, rather than be seen for what it really is, which is a document created to establish law and order in a once fairly uncivilized environment and to set certain standards for morality and justice and a code of ethics by instilling fear into the hearts of the people with this "higher power" granted the authority to present the people with "eternal damnation" if they break the previously established rules. I think it was a good idea at the time, but haven't we evolved past that yet? But hey, that's just my opinion...wow, that was heavy...moving right along...

5) Rub the lamp, see the genie, get your three wishes. (You can even wish you never got that tattoo, Lord, what were you thinking when you did that.)
This is kind of a cheesy question. Most people would have the same answers: love, money, and happiness. I'll play along though...
1. To be able to fly. I want to go where I want to go on my own terms.
2. To have a "bottomless wallet" that produces money whenever I need or want it.
3. To return the 2000 Election to its rightful winner and send W back to Tex-ass where he belongs.

6) Would you rather see The Future or travel to The Past?
I'd like to travel to the past. I'd like to witness major events that have shaped our world as they are taking place...and fix the ones that are wrong.

7) Order or Chaos?
Order.

8) What's the worst Monster you can think of?
Republicanism.

9) Do you pray?
No. See #4. I do believe in the power of self, meditation, and looking within for the answers.

10) You are given the ability to fold reality in such a way that you can change any one Law of Science, give Darwin a black eye, knock Steven Hawking out of his wheelchair, pinch Newton on the ass - what would you change if you could fold physics and make origami of all the Givens...?
Grant myself the ability to fly, but then I get to get another wish for #5.

11) What's the next book you're going to read?
It depends on when I finish my Christopher Rice book. If I finish it before July 16, then I will read David Sedaris's naked, otherwise it will be Harry Potter #6.

12) What are your last words, Rosebud?
"Hot stuff coming through!"

13) What would you name your children, male or female?
This is really strange, given the events of 2001, but my friends Melinda, Cynthia, Leslie, and my parents can all back up the fact that way back in 1994, I came up with these names for my future children:
Daughters: Eleven, September
Son: Reed Alexander

14) You're not a Werewolf, you're a Were...?
I’m a Weredolphin. That would kick ass.

15) When was the last time you went swimming?
At PJ Finster's house just a couple of weeks ago, right around GayDays, but I don't remember the exact date. I wish I could swim more often (hint, hint *cough* David *cough* pool *cough* backyard *cough, cough*).

6 comments:

David Almeida said...

(*Cough*I'm quintupling your rent*cough*)

Unless you want to lend me your bottomless wallet... (Heh heh - you bottomless - heh heh)

And regarding #6 (traveling to the past): what if your parents don't fall in love at the sock hop and Biff accidentally steals the almanac from you? Then you would have never been born and you can't finance my, er... OUR pool.

tm said...

whatever, David, I can travel to the past if I want to. We've all seen what happens when you go to the future. Biff will still be there to steal the time machine and create hijinx anyway, so my answer was just as good as yours...

tm said...

aww...Marcie...you're so sweet that I just got a cavity!

I can probably take a cue from Steve Miller and rename my blog "The Blog That Only David and Marcie Read"

Anonymous said...

I read your blog, jackass.

Now tell me which of Christopher Rice's books you are reading. A DENSITY OF SOULS is the book that changed my life forever.

XOXO,
Mattress

tm said...

I'm reading his new book called "Light of Day." So far it's my favorite of the 3. How did "Density of Souls" change your life? It changed me by making me want to become a professional proofreader to fix all the goddamned grammatical and spelling errors that are in all of his books...

ChrissyLou said...

#4 is aweseome.

Dont know you.. just wanted to agree with you.

Oh yeah... you dont need to title them...

Have a great one!