26 February 2007

Do What, With The WHAT?!?!, Part 2

Way back in July 2005, I posted the famous "trim fat from pork" story.
For a refresher, look here:
trim fat from pork

Well, it appears that my comedic food-ignorance has struck again.
David has had a recipe for Taco Salad hanging on the side of the refrigerator for months.
Because this recipe calls for meat, I generally have no interest in it, and never really paid any attention to it.
Tonight, however, as I was standing in the kitchen drinking my cranberry juice, I decided to read it.
So, I'm reading the list of ingredients:
1 lb. hamburger meat, brown meat, and drain oil.

Wait, what? drain-oil? What the hell is drain-oil?
That sounds disgusting!!!
I've never heard of drain-oil.
There's vegetable oil, olive oil, motor oil...
What's DRAIN OIL?

Oh, wait...those are VERBS!!!
BROWN the meat and DRAIN the oil!
I get it now!
I guess most people could figure out what to do with just sentence fragments, but I need articles in my instructions.
I need complete sentences because I am recipe-retarded.
I thought "brown" and "drain" were adjectives, not verbs.

Whatever! It was funny.
I figured it out.
It just took me a minute.
It's a shame that Steven is flying and David was already in bed because that would have been a funny moment to share live.
Anyway, that's why I don't cook.
And you don't want me to.

1 comment:

Schmacko said...

I am woefully short on reading this. But now? LMFAO! Part of the reason is cuz "drain oil" reminds me of the grill scrapins' that used to collect at my grandma's diner when I was a kid. All the extra bits from hashbrowns, hamburgers, sausages, and eggs, all scraped together and shoved to a slot at the back of the grill!

Mmmm-mmmm, scrapins'!!!!