14 October 2005

Uh-oh! Hotdog!

QUIZ QUIZ QUIZ QUIZ
Quiz alert!!!
I am completely avoiding my own creativity by answering someone else's questions instead.
Thanks, Alyson, for enabling my laziness!
What-were-you-like-in-high-school Quiz
1. What high school did you go to?
Rockville High School, Vernon, Connecticut.
2. What year did you graduate?
1995.
3. What were your favorite band (choose one) or artist(s):
Mariah Carey (still is).
4. What was your favorite outfit?
I think I had more horizontally striped shirts, polos, and T's than the combined total of every other human being on the planet. If it was striped, I wore it. And pleat-rolled blue jeans. Remember pleat-rolling? That was hot.
5. What was up with your hair?
Natural, blond, and longish, with the surfer's-wave-left-handed part. People always called me "Malibu Ken" or "Flock of Seagulls."
6. Who were your best friend(s) at your hs?
Curtis Thompson throughout all 4 years; Alexis Alexander and Jen Kingsdorf were my freshman-year senior-friends; Kate Woods, Liz Pomper, Pam Smith, Renee Butler, Kimmy Godfrey, and Melissa Dombek until they all graduated my junior year; Melinda Melendez my senior year. (When I look at it that way, it looks like I actually had friends, but overall I promise that I didn't...in other words, with the exception of Melinda, they were my best friends, but I was not theirs.)
7. What did you do after school?
I was in essentially every possible after-school club: Service Club, Spanish Club, Environmental Action Group, and Amnesty International among many others, then I would go home and watch my favorite TV shows and movies and be alone while everyone else was having fun and hanging out with live human beings. (Also I was in every band with frequent after school and evening rehearsals, I did a few plays, and I would hit the ice to train for my figure skating.)
8. Where did you work?
I had a paper route until I was 14 (sophomore year), but my first real job was at Tasty Chick when I was 16, then I worked at the Christmas Tree Shoppes until I graduated and moved to Florida.
9. Did you take the bus?
I quit riding the bus in 8th grade because I was picked on so much by the other kids, so I would walk 5 miles home from the middle school every day, but it was cut down to only 2 miles in high school, and because I was so young I didn't get my driver's license until 3 weeks before graduation.
10. Who did you have a crush on?
No one in high school, except I guess for Melinda, but she and I actually dated...gay-what?
11. Who did you date in hs?
Heather Robertson in 10th grade, then Melinda my senior year and through college.
12. Did you fight with your parents?
In public? Never. Behind the closed doors of our house? CONSTANTLY, every day.
13. Did you ever get detention?
No. I was the teachers' pet.
14. Favorite Subject?
Band.
15. Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?
Mariah Carey.
16. My Grades were:
Perfect, until the end of senior year when I randomly stopped caring.
17. Did you smoke cigarettes?
NO!!! I never have and I never will; it's the most vile, disgusting thing that any human being can do, besides being a Republican.
18. Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day?
No, the backpack was only for lugging the books home. Instead, I carried them in a precariously balanced pile in my arms like a nerd just asking for someone to knock them out of my hands.
19. Did you have a clique?
Can one person be called a clique? Otherwise, I had an "Acquaintance Clique" of people who would eat lunch with me, but never hang out with me after school.
20. Where was your Senior Prom at?
I have no idea. I didn't go.
21. Did you have a Max like "Saved by the Bell"?
No. There was no one that cool, or wannabe-cool.
22. Admit it, were you popular?
Well, I was popular in the way that everyone knew me, but since no one liked me I'd have to say no. Unless you consider the fact that I was the one that everyone loved to hate.
23. Who did you want to be just like?
A specific person in my school? Absolutely no one. I just wish I had the guts to be myself, the real me.
24. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A singer. (I still do.)
25. What was the color of your yearbook?
Some blue-y color, I think it was supposed to look like rippling water (which is funny because my high school was on top of a mountainette) or maybe blue marble...and it was called "Right Here, Right Now" because Jesus Jones, or EMF, or whoever the hell it was that sang that song was just so cool...and I hope you can feel my sarcasm.
26. What were the colors of your school?
Blue and Gold, just like Alyson's.
27. What was your school mascot?
The Rams.
28. Did you have a teacher that you thought was hot?
No. There seems to be a distinct lack of hotness coming from my hometown.
If you are still here reading this, thanks for indulging my self-pity-party trip down memory lane.

1 comment:

tm said...

I know!!
But fear not, pumpkin, because the "others" are all either too OLD, or just not cool enough to know that Saved By The Bell was totally awesome!