17 October 2005

Australian Idol

This post is dedicated to my new discovery of the musical wonder and genius of Adam Lopez.
Feel free to check out his website: Adam Lopez
Adam Lopez is an Australian wonder, who currently holds the Guinness Book World Record for the highest note recorded by a male voice.
The female record holder, predictably and certainly deservedly, is Mariah Carey.
Please listen to the snippet of Adam Lopez singing Nessun Dorma
The note that he hits at the end of the clip, for those of you who are musically inclined, is the E-flat above quadruple-high C, which is the very highest note on the standard 88-key piano. IN-freakin'-SANE!!!
A man who's voice can go off the piano!
I have a brand new hero.
He is also working on landing his second Guinness Book Record for the widest vocal range, because his complete 7+ octaves are unmatched by anyone else in the world, with his lowest recorded note being the B-flat below "deep C," which is 2 octaves below middle-C on the standard 88-key piano.

I was so proud of my once 5½ octaves that have, as of late, been reduced to a mere 4 octaves. That's just pitiful compared to this guy. Now I have something to strive for. I am going to remaster my once plentiful whistle-tone register.

Okay. I'm done for now. But just a reminder:
There are only 32 shopping days left until my birthday, and Adam Lopez's CD "Popera" would be a wonderful selection in your online shopping.

No comments: