11 September 2005

It's Called What-Butter?!?!

I should change the title of my blog from Uninspired Rants to Only Writes About Travels and Food.
I should, but I won't.
I will, however, dedicate this post to another new food product.
Apple Butter.
Who knew?
(Apparently, everyone but me...but hey, that's nothing new, is it?)
I'm so proud of myself for trying new things.
Steven and I had seen the apple butter at some point in our travels; he mentioned how much he liked it and how great it was to put on pancakes.
Then, while on our last and much-blogged-about trip, we came across apple butter on several occasions.
We opted to purchase the Grandfather Mountain Apple Butter, because it comes packaged in a neat little jar labeled with a picture of Grandfather Mountain and the Mile-High Swinging Suspension Bridge.
Finally, last week we actually had pancakes on two separate occasions and used the apple butter instead of the standard maple syrup and butter.
It was delicious, I'm sure, but you can't tell me that apple butter and apple sauce aren't the same thing.
Just because someone decided to throw some molasses in it and make it a little darker and thicker in consistency, it still tastes the same.
It's still just apples in baby-food form, no matter how you stick it in a blender and slap another label on it.
But it is super-yummy on pancakes.
Mmmm...baby-food pancakes.
So, okay. If you can make butter out of milk, peanuts, and apples, why can't we make butter out of the good stuff: chocolate?
"What would you like on your bagel, sir?"
"Chocolate butter, please...Thank you."
I think I'm going to invent that.
Chocolate butter™®©11.Sep.2005
Patent pending.
If you steal it, I'll sue!

Random Unrelated Topic:
Check out this fun stress reliever! Poke Me

6 comments:

David Almeida said...

There is such a thing as cocoa butter, ya know...

tm said...

oh yeah...but you don't eat cocoa butter, that's just to relieve ashiness

tm said...

and I think cocoa butter comes from a coconut, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

yours has been the most entertaining, least self indulgent blog i've read so far!
Ta :)

tm said...

that's kind of random...
thanks for the compliment, anonymous, whomever you might be...
I actually think I'm totally self-indulgent, to a fault, but hey, if I don't come off that way, bonus points to me!
my favorite word verification so far is the one I had over on Miller's blog:
"bkkurfse"
...or as I like to say:
Bukkake your face!

ChrissyLou said...

NEED-CHOCOLATE-BUTTER!!!!

(Would this be milk or dark chocolate??)

(Can you get a contract for it to be made by Godiva?)