23 September 2005

All Worked Up and Ready to Blog

I left this comment on RNG's blog, but as it frequently happens, I found it blogworthy for myself.
Get ready.
Random Redundant Tirade begins in:
3...
2...
1...
GO!
RNG said, "I didn't intend to imply that the people who fled from Hurricane Katrina were jerks if they left their pets behind."
Okay.
I'll imply it for you.
In fact, I'll just come right out and say it:
People who fled from Hurricane Katrina were jerks if they left their pets behind.

And I'll take it one step further and say that they are bloody assholes is what they are.

There is no acceptable excuse.
These people brought these pets into their lives.
If they don't have the means or enough responsibility to properly care for these poor, defenseless creatures when disaster strikes, then they shouldn't be allowed to care for them under normal circumstances.
Would they leave a two-year-old child behind?
No?
Then what's the difference?
Nothing!
It's EXACTLY the same thing.
"Well, we knew it was time for us to go, but we didn't have room in the car after saving our flat-screen, the computer, the paintings, and other valuables; so we just left the twins behind. Timmy and Kimmy are still infants, but I'm sure their instincts will kick in. Besides, they have each other. They'll be okay. We left a rattle, two bottles, and a couple of diapers. I'm sure they'll figure out how to change themselves."

Screw you jerkies who left your pets.

Save the pets! Leave the kids!
Save the pets! Leave the kids!

Think about it...
The kids will just grow up to be mouthy and disrespectful to their elders anyway, while the pets would just follow you around with undying devotion for the rest of their lives.

Save the pets! Leave the kids!
Save the pets! Leave the kids!

You're clearly a bad parent, so the kids will probably drop out of high school, get pregnant at 13, turn to drug dealing and prostitution to support their crack habits, get arrested, spend years in prison, or find some other way to be completely unproductive members of society; whereas the pets are less ill-affected by your irresponsibility and complete lack of compassion.

Save the pets! Leave the kids!
Save the pets! Leave the kids!

If the kids manage to survive, the struggle will only serve to fortify their characters and make them heartier individuals anyway.
Like they say: "That which does not kill us, didn't try hard enough."

If you look at it that way, you'd be doing them a favor.
Just a thought...

Save the pets! Leave the kids!
Save the pets! Leave the kids!

This public service announcement brought to you by TM and the Cracklin'-Fires-o'-Hades Productions.

2 comments:

tm said...

you didn't piss me off at all!
:-)
You just inspired me to go off on a rant about how much so many people suck.
I love ya more'n my luggage!

ChrissyLou said...

Oh my gosh. You just gave me a heart attack.

My friend fled New Orlean with her kids, boyfriend, and a friend of a friend who had no where to go.

She was heart broken about leaving her cats (which I thought was crazy)... I guess what I mean is that these people-- mostly-- did not leave with their big screens... they were fleeing for their LIVES. My friends got stuck in MOBILE... and they were hit hard there, too.

She left the cats on the topfloor with food and an open window...

I just dont think that there was much that a lot of people could do. Can you imagine having to leave town for your life with no notice??? If it was an off pay week for me... I may have been SOL.

Animals at least have insticts...

(Her cats were saved by the way.)

Wow.