07 November 2006

Weird Habits

Thanks, Marcie, for giving me my first ever blog-tag.
I don't really have that many "habits," but some of the ones that I do have are really odd.
I saved the best ones for last.

6 Weird Habits

1. I will not leave the house without wearing something green, whether it's visible or not. That just means that if you can't physically see any green on me, I'm wearing green underwear.

2. Whenever I read one book by an author, I have to read everything they ever wrote, even if I know that it sucks. For example, I have read everything by Stephen King. Literally. Everything. Even his nonfiction. I love his horror, but his book "On Writing" was the driest, most boring thing I had ever read in my entire life. It took me forever. I also read everything by Anne Rice. Even her erotica. The fact that she could even THINK of some of the things that happen in those books terrify me in a way I could barely describe.

3. Most visibly, I can never go more than a month or two with the same outward physical appearance. I have had more different hairstyle and color combinations in the last 8 years than Madonna has had in 20. I actually blame Disney for that. If you don't already know the story, just ask. I'd be happy to share.

4. At restaurants, or even at home, I absolutely CANNOT use the silverware if it touches the table at any point within my line of sight. It doesn't matter how clean the table is, or even if I cleaned it myself.

5. In the same theme, I CANNOT use glasses or dishes if there is any kind of spot or stain on it, even if it just came out of the dishwasher and only has a waterspot on it. Whenever I lived somewhere that did not have a dishwasher, I refused to use real dishes and would only use disposable items.

6. I have a mandatory formula or pattern for cookie-eating that corresponds directly to the layout of the cookie packaging. My favorite example is Oreos. Standard Oreo packaging is the 20-ounce package, which consists of 17 cookies in each of 3 columns in a tray. The cookies MUST be eaten in multiples of three so as to leave an even row across the top. If, by some act of great defiance to the better will of the Universe, the cookies are not eaten in a multiple of three; the pattern left in the tray MUST be symmetrical.

Wow. I'm a freak.
So, I'm not going to tag anybody, but I would love to hear from everyone else and see what their freakish things are.

No comments: