30 September 2006

After a month...

I continue to work out about 5-6 days a week, and I'm not noticing results as quickly as I did when I was rollerblading 5 days a week. The argument, I suppose, could be that I'm doing this in a healthy way and results take time. But when I was skating, I lost 20 pounds in a month, and now I've only lost 8 pounds in a month through exercise and healthier eating.

My standard gym routine is as follows:
Every day:
30-40 minutes on the elliptical machine
calf raises; 1 set of 20, both legs together; 2 sets of 12, alternating legs

abs; 3 sets of 12 on the weighted crunch machine
side bends; weighted, 4 sets of 12, alternating sides
swim; 18 laps, alternating freestyle, breaststroke, and backstroke

Then on alternating days I work out arms and legs one day, chest and back the next.

I took my measurements this morning, and while I have been decreasing in size around the waist and hips, I seem to have gotten bigger in the upper body, which I'm not really looking to do. I suppose it's time to visit with the trainer again and see if he can put me on a routine that will do more to lean me out instead of bulking me up.

Current measurements:
Weight: 228lb. (103kg)
Chest: 47" (119cm) +.5"
Shoulders: 53.5" (136cm) +1"
Waist: 38" (97cm) -1.5"
Hips: 44" (112cm) -1"
Thigh: 27" (69cm) -.5"
Calf: 16.5" (42cm) same
Bicep: 16" (40.5cm) same

Weekly weight loss: -2 pounds
Total weight loss: -8 pounds

No comments: